-
November 26th, 2007, 07:39 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Re: DCDB
Contrary to rumors, the DCDB is NOT dead. It's still alive but on life support at the moment. The host, PowWeb, decided that 357,000 reads is too much of a drain on their server and blocked the cgi account. Of course, they said they would unblock and re-instate cgi as soon as I delete the offending .pl files (which is what the forums run on). DUH!!! Needless to say, I have no further use of PowWeb as a host and urge everyone to steer clear of their hosting services. I know I should have changed hosts as soon as people started complaining about slowness, pages failing to load, inability to post, etc., but I HATE changing hosts and all the problems that are sure to occur while doing so. That being said, I have finally instituted a change in the DCDB host and things should start operating again sometime tomorrow (keeping my fingers crossed). There's no need to change your bookmarks/favorites/links as the url will be the same.
http://appalachianforums.com/dcdb.pl
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks